Thursday, July 12, 2007

Podkilled!

I know. It's my own damn fault for taking a tiny little Cormorant into 0.0 space. I figured I'd take a peek, turn tail, and warp back. No chance. Webbed and ganked within 5 seconds, the ship going kablooey well before I could even get her turned. Didn't get a shot off. I was dead before I could target lock.

Now THAT'S humiliating.

So, needless to say, I've sworn eternal revenge etc etc etc. Ship was insured, clone up-to-date, so all I really lost was the million isk or so it'll take to kit out a new cormorant and the time it'll take to fly around buying all those modules and getting back to the right side of the freaking universe. In other words, a few minutes of curiosity lost me about three or four days of game progress. Eve is harsh.

But I SO look forward to dealing out that kind of grief to other players in the months to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember the first time that happened to me. A lesser known rule of 0.0: No such thing as neutral. Everyone is either friend or foe, and if you try to be "neutral" that just makes you "foe" on quite literally everyone's list. Join up with a bunch of like-minded folks in 0.0 and your next trip out there will be longer and more profitable. It's a whole new game out there!

-Garcia